Knightsbridge EX004H - No permanent live

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently switch my failed bathroom fan for a Knightsbridge EX004H fan but i have found out that the old fan is wired to a plug in the attic I have wired it up as per old one so Brown to live a jumper to SL (switched live) and Blue to neutral I've set fan to operate as Humidistat but its on all the time!

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

what I have tried:

Removing the jumper between live and switched live—Still runs all the time
setting the humidity sensor to level 90% but still stays on all the time

fan i have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Knightsbridge-EX004H-Backlit-Extractor-Humidistat/dp/B08MD5GQWF?th=1

Sponsored Links
I'm sure some one who knows the product will be along soon, I have just replaced a couple of fans
and looked up the instructions of that fan on the web, and so interpreting what they may mean

a jumper to SL (switched live)
So that will run all the time, at least as I understand the fans - i have used

If you loop the Live to switch live - then it will run forever a it has a mains trigger on the switched live , which never goes off , and so the fan runs
Removing the jumper between live and switched live—Still runs all the time - setting the humidity sensor to level 90% but still stays on all the time

Is the Interval timer on , as that says it runs for an hour before switching off for the interval set, and then run for an hour again.... so effectively constantly on and runs regardless of use of the room

Not sure if your version needs both a the switch live and a live connection ...
I had a read of some of the Questions on Amazon, and they do have a support phone line number
Also they have the full instructions as a PDF further down the amazon listing - 911SdPeY6HS.pdf
and some of the answers to the question imply that it should work with just a live connection and then based on the humdity setting or will run based on the interval timer setting.

it says with a live switched connection it will run for the timer OR for the humidity - so reads like it needs a switch to activate and then disconnect the switch and it will continue to run based on humidity or timer
Although Fig 3 does say (switched live - if required)

Have a look at the interval timer - implies the fan runs for 1 hour , and then stops or the intervsl time set on the DIP and then runs again for an hour
is that DIP switch ON ? No1 on diagram ?

I would expect it work with just the live connected - but ...... the instructions are not that clear

The one i replaced at my daughters Live and Switched Live and was a vent-axia

She nolonger wanted it to be run off the switch and teh one i fitted uses a Light Sensitive switch, humidity version nd various other things

So all it needed was the live connected - tested it before we installed , as it used bluetooth to connect to a phone app ( I was more inclined to set up with the switch and run on time - but thats what she wanted)

The app - gave me a choice of switched or not
so we choose not
and then had loads of settings test it out

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back