Extractor fan wiring query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two Domus H1 extractor fans which need to be replaced. I have purchased two Manrose humidistat fans.
The fans appear to be on the mains circuit, rather than the lighting, and they are currently wired to permanent live/neutral only. The replacements don't work when wired up the same, and it seems that they need a switched live too to function (the switched live on the originals was unused). If I want the fans humidity controlled only, could I run a wire between the permanent and switched live terminals?

Sponsored Links
I have two Domus H1 extractor fans which need to be replaced. I have purchased two Manrose humidistat fans.
The fans appear to be on the mains circuit, rather than the lighting, and they are currently wired to permanent live/neutral only. The replacements don't work when wired up the same, and it seems that they need a switched live too to function (the switched live on the originals was unused). If I want the fans humidity controlled only, could I run a wire between the permanent and switched live terminals?

They should work humidistat-only with no switched live connection. What exactly happens when you connect them like that?

If you link the switched live and perm live together they will run continuously, not on humidistat.

You should have an FCU with 3A fuse if they're on the socket circuit.

Just wiring live/neutral does nothing. I've adjusted the humidistat/timer, I've even boiled the kettle under it, no joy.
My assumption was that if I loop the permanent and switched lives together, the fan would be permanently live, but would only activate within a given humidity range.

Have you tried neutral and switched live terminals only?

Just a thought ... permanent & and switched may be marked up wrongly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back