Knocking through into new kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had an extension built and I have knocked through into the new kitchen from the existing using the window as the opening. I've got a cavity now exposed and was wondering how this should be filled?

To get down to the floor level we've had to go through the DPC on the inner skin and there is DPC in going up the the cavity along what was the sides of the window.

I'm assuming a cavity closer can be used for the sides and bottom. An existing concrete lintel is in situ over the top so we're not proposing to put a new lintel in (i'm assuming this is Ok as this lintel has been in situ for over 60years and has been taking the weight of the wall above).

Am I going in the right direction or am I way off?

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Your thinking in the right direction, cavity closer will do, the lintel should be no problem, are you filling the rest of the cavity with insulation whilst it's open or has that already been done?

the cavity has already had insulation installed so no need to worry about that.

Thanks for the reply, glad to know i'm on the right track

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back