Know a Eczema sufferer ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you know of anyone suffering from eczema heres a bit of info that might help them.

When my daughter was a toddler she suffered from Eczema when we took her to the baby clinic and discussed excema after her checkup I remarked That I noticed it flared up whenever we gave her certain foods.

The doctor said that medically speaking there was no relationship between food and eczema, but then said that she knew whenever her brother had pasta his eczema flared up. ( doctors have to toe the party line but thats another story.)

Anyway if you ever look at eczema you can see it flares up from beneath the skin it gets red and angry looking.

I read in a health book that cold pressed safflower oil was helpfull, so we used to give her a teaspoon of oil once day followed by a bit of honey.

The eczema dissappeared whenever it started to come back she used to ask for some oil. You could see the angry patches under the skin start to dissappear after a day or two.

Just bit of info that someone might find helpful.

Sponsored Links
I might mention it to a sixth form student I teach who is a sufferer of the condition. Oddly enough, he is well aware that it is largely food related.

If you know of anyone suffering from eczema heres a bit of info that might help them.

When my daughter was a toddler she suffered from Eczema when we took her to the baby clinic and discussed excema after her checkup I remarked That I noticed it flared up whenever we gave her certain foods.

The doctor said that medically speaking there was no relationship between food and eczema, but then said that she knew whenever her brother had pasta his eczema flared up. ( doctors have to toe the party line but thats another story.)

Anyway if you ever look at eczema you can see it flares up from beneath the skin it gets red and angry looking.

I read in a health book that cold pressed safflower oil was helpfull, so we used to give her a teaspoon of oil once day followed by a bit of honey.

The eczema dissappeared whenever it started to come back she used to ask for some oil. You could see the angry patches under the skin start to dissappear after a day or two.

Just bit of info that someone might find helpful.

Cheers gassy.. one of my workmates has it and tried every cream going...will show him this tomorrow

nice one gasbanni i know someone with a child whos started to show mild signs of it.i will show her mother this post tomorrow
thanks for sharing the tip

Sponsored Links
The doctor said that medically speaking there was no relationship between food and eczema
The same as our doctor with the same load a old rubbish advice , my wife suffer badly so she tried the wheat free diet and within 2 months the eczema almost dissappeared :eek:

My daughter as a toddler suffered terrible eczema, her face especially was bad. She was going to have to be cold wrapped on a regular basis until we changed her milk.

We went over to goats milk, goat cheese and butter, this helped enormously with her condition, so much so that the cold wrap never happened. We also used oilatum in her baths, dermol creme for bathing and bathing every other day along with patting dry rather than rubbing (in fact we developed a game whereby I wrapped her in her bath towel and rolled her out on the bed several times to dry her, great fun!!)

When we lost the dog her condition improved even further until today, aged 8, she hardly has any eczema at all, she does get it a bit on her arms and legs when its hot and it did flare up a bit when she first had the guinea pigs but it has since settled down again!

Our youngest aged 2 now has a problem with a sore bottom and we can't figure out what food is giving him problems, we did think it was tomatoes but it may be orange squash (which he is not supposed to have, thanks Nana!!)

Food plays a big part in allergies and the like but it is mainly trial and error to sort it out!!

We went down the goats milk route as well.

All I can say is it worked for my daughter when we couldn't get safflower oil we tried cold pressed sunflower oil and that seemed to work as well.

Thing is we could see it coming to the skin surface from beneath the skin, so I felt that creams steriod or otherwise were treating the symptoms and not the cause.

My daughter was really bad with it as a tot and this worked for her, hope it helps someone else as well.

my 23 year old brother has had it since birth, its heartbreaking looking back at some of the states he has been in over the years. There are other issues too that make it worse, like wearing jumpers on hot days to hide his arms- which makes him sweat more etc etc. over the years all sorts has been tried and diet did help bring it under control more. When my son was born he showed signs and we turned our central heating down and off overnight and it disappeared

Sponsored Links
Back