kudos shower cubicles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone fitted a kudos circular shower cubicle before. fitted loads of cubicles but not one of these. having a devil of a problem getting a leak free cubicle on the wall post bases. been told they are prone to this. can't understand why they design it that there is 6" of free standing glass either side of the bottom and top frames, that you then have to try and seal.
found the gaskets did not seal tightly in some areas, and the profiles did not really fit that well.
normally the wall plated i fit are c section and you get a dry seal through this. the kudos shower is just a flat fit, and unless to silicone everything you have gaps all over the place.

Sponsored Links
I've always found Kudos kit to be excellent quality and very easy to fit

Had a similar problem with a Kudos rectangular cubicle. Instructions were ****e (like they had been photo-copied a thousand times over) and had to seal in a few places to stop leaks - not in the usual places. When they leak, it's quite obvious that a bit of silicon is required but of course it doesn't tell you to do that as you are struggling (on your own) to fit it together.

any chance of a pic?

Circular? Do u mean a quadrant surround?

I've fitted hundreds of kudos surrounds they are by far the best quality shower surrounds out there. Never had a problem and never had one leak.
Have replaced some badly fitted ones though.

Sponsored Links
my problem has been that there is a small leak coming from where the the wall post meets the glass. the bottom rail and the top rail do not run from post to post, they stop short by about 6" and there is a rubble seal that folds over hedge, which in turn is then siliconed in place once fitted. I found that there were clear gaps on the vertical edges, of the wall profiles once the are screwed into the wall fixing plate. i siliconed them since i could not think of any way to seal, once the facia trim was clipped over to make it look good.
The rubber seal which you then insert between the side glass and the the inside edge of the wall posts quite loose here, and i have a feeling this is where the leak is appearing, but apart from creating a clear mastic seal along this as well, i can't see how this can be resolved

to clarify, this is a quarter circular shower screen, and tray.

Some pictures of where you've got to so far would help massively here

Sorry to ask what might be a silly question but are you sure you have the correct size enclosure for the base? The top and bottom rails should meet up with the wall posts surely.

Something's not right here pics please.

I've fitted many quadrant surrounds

What you are describing doesn't sound remotely familiar.

Assemble frame with fixed glass panels, attach wall posts to wall clip, surround to wall posts and screw through.

Silicone only in the outside of surround to tray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back