Lab Rats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This experiment is extremely repeatable, even with variations of the main components . . . .

They put lab rats in a grey cell environment, a very rat unfriendly environment that has 2x water & food sources. One of the sources is laced with cocaine.

All the rats in this environment die prematurely due to almost exclusive use of the cocaine laced food & water source.

They also put lab rats in rat paradise, an environment that is extremely rat friendly & more, it also has 2x sources of food & water one of which is laced with cocaine.

Almost none of the rats touch the cocaine laced food. They live to a normal age in their rat paradise.

I'll leave those of us who are sober to ponder this phenomena for awhile.

Sponsored Links
They should then try putting in rats that have been abused, starved, frightened and stressed, and see if they still ignore the coke.

They should then try putting in rats that have been abused, starved, frightened and stressed, and see if they still ignore the coke.
I hear you !

I don't know what the general life expectancy of a lab rat is, but this extremely repeatable experiment would perhaps reinforce your view that a 'damaged' rat has a much shorter lifespan.

Would your 'damaged' rat be a child of the rats that lived in the rat paradise???

Sponsored Links
Back