Labour candidate

It's not a gay disease.
A big part of the HIV epidemic started in the USA, so I'll talk about that for now. A lot of the USA when the Aids epidemic really took hold in the 1980's was still very much against gay relationships imo (Even old Regan said it was revenge on gay people, or something like that). Am not even sure if all states had repelled the law on sodomy so your theory about disciminalisation and the rise of aids doesn't make sense to me.

There's another theory that the very reason things got out of hand once the HIV virus had been identified was that 'straight' people were against gay relationships, were homophobic that a lot of gay people kept quiet and didn't seek out the help they needed to, nor take HIV tests. It doesn't sound to me that the USA was 'ok' with gay people on a whole.

In the UK being homosexual (men) was decriminised 51 years ago in 1967. Aids took hold in about 1981. Doesn't add up.
A gap of about 20 odd years sounds about right for the disease to take hold, with decriminalization the Gay lifestyle became more open and common, as gay behavior became rampant infections which could be controlled by antibiotics became immune and evolved into AIDS, it is significant that this disease began in a Western country.

Sponsored Links
A gap of about 20 odd years sounds about right for the disease to take hold, with decriminalization the Gay lifestyle became more open and common, as gay behavior became rampant infections which could be controlled by antibiotics became immune and evolved into AIDS, it is significant that this disease began in a Western country.
Go do some reading.
Aids didn't begin in a Western country.

Irrelevant to this conversation about your link of decriminalisation & the rise of aids
I think it is relevant, however the only point I was making originally was that in ancient times societies may have had valid reasons for their prohibition of Gay behavior.

Sponsored Links
I did do some reading , I read your post above where you say AIDS started in the USA.
Sorry I could've been clearer. We were talking about the epidemic weren't we? That was your topic, the 'plague' I think you called it. I took that as when it hit the news and spread big time because you were linking the plague just to gay people. No, Aids started in Africa, as far as anyone knows.

Before decriminalization there was no AIDS,
Not true. It was still illegal to engage in sodomy in many a US state in the height of the epidemic in the 1980's. As I said, it was lack of condom use and ignorance that caused it to spread so much within the gay community and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact being gay was illegal or not.

Really, do some reading on proper websites with actual facts :)

Sorry I could've been clearer. We were talking about the epidemic weren't we? That was your topic, the 'plague' I think you called it. I took that as when it hit the news and spread big time because you were linking the plague just to gay people. No, Aids started in Africa, as far as anyone knows.

Not true. It was still illegal to engage in sodomy in many a US state in the height of the epidemic in the 1980's. As I said, it was lack of condom use and ignorance that caused it to spread so much within the gay community and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact being gay was illegal or not.

Really, do some reading on proper websites with actual facts :)
To claim AIDS began in Africa is a racist theory, blame the blackman type of nonsense, there are many different strains of HIV/AIDS, cats can catch a form of HIV ,cold sores are a form of auto immune virus and so on.
The American strain of HIV evolved in the American Gay community.

To claim AIDS began in Africa is a racist theory, blame the blackman type of nonsense, there are many different strains of HIV/AIDS, cats can catch a form of HIV ,cold sores are a form of auto immune virus and so on.
The American strain of HIV evolved in the American Gay community.
https://www.avert.org/professionals/history-hiv-aids/overview
Racist? Goodness me.

Please give me proof that HIV aids (which we are talking about, not other autoimmune diseases) evolved in the American gay community.

And also that cold sores are not a autoimmune virus as far as I know, just a virus. I thought that they just reared their ugly head more commonly when a persons immune system was compromised or they were run down.

Oh, and that feline AIDS is called FIV. We lost a cat to FIV. I would say you'd probably blame the American gay community for that too by shagging kitty but you cannot catch aids from a cat or give aids to a cat so really, it's nowt to do with HIV. I think what you meant to say is there are many autoimmune diseases/viruses out there, full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antibiotics = for use against a bacteria
Antibiotics = useless against a virus. Like the common cold or HIV
Therefore your link between decriminalisation of gay lifestyle and antibiotic immunity is about as false as it gets. If you want some group to blame for antibiotic immunity, blame the man on the street with an entitled attitude who goes to their GP with a heavy cold or sore throat.

Nozzle

Not really as false as it gets, antibiotics are still used to combat STD's, the strain of HIV which affects the Gay community is a by product of the Gay lifestyle and nothing to do with black Africa as some have suggested.
Why do some sufferers of lifestyle diseases get more sympathy than others, why have benefit concerts for Aids sufferers and not for smokers who die from cancer induced by smoking.

Racist? Goodness me.

Please give me proof that HIV aids (which we are talking about, not other autoimmune diseases) evolved in the American gay community.

And also that cold sores are not a autoimmune virus as far as I know, just a virus. I thought that they just reared their ugly head more commonly when a persons immune system was compromised or they were run down.

Oh, and that feline AIDS is called FIV. We lost a cat to FIV. I would say you'd probably blame the American gay community for that too by shagging kitty but you cannot catch aids from a cat or give aids to a cat so really, it's nowt to do with HIV. I think what you meant to say is there are many autoimmune diseases/viruses out there, full stop.
I am glad you agree that there are many different auto immune diseases out there, my point was that the strain of HIV/AIDs which affects the Gay community is the product of lifestyle and has nothing to do with Black Africa.

I am glad you agree that there are many different auto immune diseases out there, my point was that the strain of HIV/AIDs which affects the Gay community is the product of lifestyle and has nothing to do with Black Africa.
I really suggest you read this:

"Global information and education on HIV and AIDS"
You're so far removed from the truth and even understanding what AIDS is it's actually quite frightening.

I really suggest you read this:

"Global information and education on HIV and AIDS"
You're so far removed from the truth and even understanding what AIDS is it's actually quite frightening.
You are the one who is far removed from the truth, AIDs is a lifestyle disease in Western countries ,just like obesity, smoking and alchol related diseases ,if you don't engage in certain behaviours you don't get AIDs, there are exceptions of course like infected blood transfusions but the main pool of infection is still in a section of society which still selfishly engages in practices which are a danger to themselves and others.
I have no problem with Gay people but what I find slightly irritating is the way AIDs sufferers are treated as some sort of victims rather than authors of their own circumstances just like people who get cancer because they smoked to much.

You are the one who is far removed from the truth, AIDs is a lifestyle disease in Western countries ,just like obesity, smoking and alchol related diseases ,if you don't engage in certain behaviours you don't get AIDs, there are exceptions of course like infected blood transfusions but the main pool of infection is still in a section of society which still selfishly engages in practices which are a danger to themselves and others.
I have no problem with Gay people but what I find slightly irritating is the way AIDs sufferers are treated as some sort of victims rather than authors of their own circumstances just like people who get cancer because they smoked to much.
You sure do sound like you have a problem with gay people - otherwise you'd not spread such malicious untruths.

Interesting that you think you know better than all the experts on the matter.

The sad thing about aids is the epidemic in sub saharan Africa where 25million people have HIV.

Mostly through hetrosexual and / or vertical transmission ( mother....baby).

Sponsored Links
Back