Lack of water from my tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Over the past few days the volume of water coming out of my bathroom sink cold water tap has had got less and less and today I can't get any water at all out of it at all, despite the fact the tap spindle is turning (although it has been stiff over the past few days when the colume of water was reducing, it is now free turning).

The tap hasn't been dripping, there is no noise in the system and other cold taps in the house are working fine.

All help would be much appreciated :D

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A couple of possible issues here - either the tap top isn't turning the tap body because the splines in the top have worn away or the rubber washer, attached to the tap jumper, has split - causing the washer to be stuck down.
Its water off and the tap body removed to sort the latter fault.
John :)

A couple of possible issues here - either the tap top isn't turning the tap body because the splines in the top have worn away or the rubber washer, attached to the tap jumper, has split - causing the washer to be stuck down.
Its water off and the tap body removed to sort the latter fault.
John :)

Thanks, I'll take a look at it when I get home on Sunday. Hopefully it's just something simple like the washer; I at least have an idea how to change that! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back