lack of water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am helping a friend (also a gsr plumber)fit a 300litre unvented and 30 kw heat only boiler he has done all the plotting and planning and its his job but the incoming sevice is about 10litre per minute and less than 1 bar so what are his options
I saw him discuss a booster tank with the client and that didn't go down well I am not sure if an accumulator is an option given the weak pressure
the only problem for me is my mate is great at being bold and dynamic but he we look to me for an answer to this he has convinced himself the incoming is "kinked" and running a new main in will answer his problem but he has no real evidence to support his idea
the only thing I have got invested in this job is three days labour

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry but the project should never have got to this stage with such a poor incoming supply. That should have been the first thing checked in the planning process and a suitable system chosen to suit the conditions, or an upgrade to the mains supply installed to give adequate pressure/flow. Not very helpful I'm afraid. Maybe he'll learn to be less bold and dynamic if he can't back it up with knowledge and experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back