Ladder Rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently installed a ladder rad in the bathroom, the pipework changed slightly but I'm sure it's still the same layout (we have one 22mm running under the floor with 15mm pipes off it to each rad). There is water in rad but it's cold, the pipes are hot till just after they branch off. Hot water cylinder and header in loft space so they are way above max height of ladder rad. Help! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a one pipe system , if you put any bends between the 22mm pipe and the rad it just wont go around it because one pipe systems are s**t :LOL:

There are indeed bends in the 15mm pipes coming from the 22mm pipe. I sall try to alter it so there isn't! Many thanks. Will post again if this doesn't work. Why did they do one pipe systems, can they be changed to a normal system without changing the boiler, and vice versa?

Sponsored Links
Just an old type of heating system it can be changed to a two pipe system without changing the boiler but it means a lot of repiping work ie adding another pipe all through the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back