Laminate and random stone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,as above a friend has had a new conservatory built,with a random stone dwarf wall.Shes had laminate flooring fitted yesterday,by the conservatory builders.Because of the randomness of the stone the edges have been cut back to the shortest point and covered by a edging strip,however some of the cut can still be seen.Before she confronts the builders she wants to know the correct procedure for laying laminate and random stone and best possible solution for a remedy to overcome this problem.
Thank you
Paul :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
They would have tried as best as possible - I presume - to cut the laminate as precise as possible. If not, call them back.
If so, random stone and rigid floor covering don't match that well and then the choice is to install a wider cover strip, fill the noticeable 'gaps' with mastic or.... live with it.

Wow,WoodYouLike rapid response,thank you.Thats round about what i told her (only a diyer)but thought i would get a professionals advice ,she may well call them back,is even thinking of ripping up and laying carpet! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Tis up to her obviously,as she has to live with it.Thanks a lot though.
Paul:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back