Laminate board direction?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.
I am going to install laminate in my new flat and do not know in what direction I need to lay the boards. The laminate will go in the 2 bedrooms, the hallway and the living/dining area.
Any suggestions?
View media item 84846
Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
I would start on the end wall in the living room working across from under the big window

So, boards parallel to the balcony door?

Would you continue like that in the hallway?

yes id go the same way right the way through, you could use joint strips where the doorways are that would make life a bit easier

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that.

Although that was my first impression, i was a bit worried that it would not look nice in the hallway. Do you think it will be ok?

ive done hallways both ways, depends a bit on the pattern and type, as you don't have a natural light source in the hall I don't think it will make much difference, why not lay a few boards down and see how it looks, my main reason for suggesting starting where I said was it always looks better laid along the widest wall of the room and its a flat wall so will give you a good starting point. but I wouldn't change direction just for the hall I think it would look odd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back