Laminate floor and furniture - question about space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just fitted a laminate floor and have left the 10mm gap around the edges and will fit the skirting above. However, this is in the kitchen-diner and I have covered the entire floor. The 'how to' DVD I have says I need to drill through the laminate to let the kitchen units feet sit on the floor, leaving a 10mm gap. I'm okay with that.

However, I plan to put a dresser at one end of the dining room and a dining table and chairs in the middle. These will be sta directly on the laminate floor. I guess I could fit 'feet' to the dresser and cut holes in the laminate, but what about the table and chairs, does it matter?

If the laminate was in a living room, whould you have to do something special for the sofa? Is there like a weight/size limit for what needs 'lifting' or not?

Apologies if these are basic questions, I'm pretty new to DIY.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll be ok, you'd probably even get away with kitchen units sitting on top tbh, but best follow the instructions. Don't worry about other furniture though, what if you get a new sofa?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back