Laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to lay a laminate floor to a bedroom I use as an office. Ideally I should move everything out but some of the furniture needed to be dismantled to get it in and I would prefer to lay the floor by moving furniture around, perhaps starting in a corner or doorway and moving furniture back onto the finished floor as I go. Any tips?

Sponsored Links
Instead of rehearsing here on how to lay laminate, perhaps you should go to YouTube where there are plenty of vids on the subject.

What you propose can be done - use off cuts of hardboard on old carpet or blankets to slide over the laminate. Or lift. Dont slide on bare laminate.

Remember that heavy weights on the areas of laid laminate will trap the laminate, so make sure that its well wedged tight before loading it.

You typically start at the longest wall but check out utube and consider the size and shape of your room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back