Fitting locking laminate floor in hallway!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a little advice. I am going to lay laminate in my hallway. I will be removing skirting boards & undercutting door architrave a jambs to achieve a good finish. Now the problem....I have 7 doorways in the hallway to contend with, some of the doors are directly opposite each other. Now if i start laying the locking flooring at the wall with one doorway, nicley slid under door frame, continue moving accross the hallway laying rows, when i get to the opposite doorway, how can i get the laminate fitted under the door jamb & architrave???

Soory for the ramble.
Look forward to hearing from anyone with advice
Regards
Andy

Sponsored Links
When I did a neighbours hallway, I had the same problem, and if I remember correctly, I got round it this way...

You will probably have to cut the laminate so that it goes under the door but doesn't foul against the wall.
Cut it to size (longer than the door opening so that it goes under the jambs) and slide it into place under the jambs.
Now take an offcut and clip it to the piece you have just slid under the jambs.
Now take a hammer and tap into position (tapping the edge of the offcut so as not to ruin the edge of the piece you are laying). If you put plenty of weight on the joint it should clip into place like all the rest.

That's how I did it. Some of the experts might have a better way...

That sound feasible, than you for the response. Does anyone else have any ideas on the best way through this problem.

Regards
AndyB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back