Laminate flooring conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time ago I bought packets of laminate flooring with the idea that the kitchen and hallway would all be done in the same laminte.

I completed the kitchen and it looks lovely. Due to life issues which came up, I didn't start on the hallway flooring until last week.

Now, it looks as though I don't have enough laminate the complete the flooring. Yes I know, I should have bought two extra packs anyway!

I can't find anything suitable, a close match would be enough for me to mix the boards up, but its the length and width which needs to be an exact match.

So, I've come up with an idea. The entrance area leading to the stairs, tile it!

That way when we come in, shoes etc are on harder wearing tiles.

I like this idea better than buying all new flooring for the hallway, as this way the leading in and out of the kitchen is onto the same flooring, as intended.

Here's a layout of what it would look like. Thoughts? Thanks.

46680096924_19941ecfce_c.jpg

Sponsored Links
I laid this laminate three years ago in my kitchen, plenty of spills and not a mark on it and I don't intend on taking it up to tile all the way through.

Sponsored Links
I'm not suggesting you pull it up as I can see the hassle in that - but, I used to have laminate in my kitchen and a small leak from the dishwasher got under it and ruined it so personally it's a no-no for me in future.

You might get lucky finding a match on eBay or you could lay similar or contrasting with a threshold strip at the joint (they come in long lengths) you can also get tile affect laminate - which may be easier than the mess of tiling a small area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back