laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks,
i'm going to lay laminate in my house, would it be better (or easier!) to cut the board to fit around the acrchatrave or to cut the arcatrave to slide the laminate under.
i was not going to take off the skirts as i'll probably cause damage to the walls, or,if i was going to cut the skirts should i rip them off, lay the floor then get new skirts or slice into the existing skirts and slide the laminate under.
an advice much appreciated.
cheers
ian

Sponsored Links
I've just laid 12m sq of laminate with alcoves and architraves, etc. I cut the laminate to create the expansion gaps and then fitted white pre-painted beading (concave curve) above the gaps. The skirting is white and ornate, so the extra shape to it at floor level looks quite good. You will need a combination saw to quickly cut the mitres.

hi folks,
i'm going to lay laminate in my house, would it be better (or easier!) to cut the board to fit around the acrchatrave or to cut the arcatrave to slide the laminate under.
i was not going to take off the skirts as i'll probably cause damage to the walls, or,if i was going to cut the skirts should i rip them off, lay the floor then get new skirts or slice into the existing skirts and slide the laminate under.
an advice much appreciated.
cheers
ian

if you dont undercut what would you fill the 10mm gap round the archatraves with as the colour filler looks poo !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back