Laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it ok to use a coloured gap filler around the door frames etc for laminate flooring or is this a no no because of the expansion needed, I want to cut the bottoms of the frames and alcatrave to slide it under but because im using the easy fit click laminate im not going to be able to get it to click together and slide it under the frame.

Last thing does the scotia beading need to be pinned to the skirting or can it just be glued to the skirting with no nails?

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use a wood coloured sealant to fill in the expansion gap around the door frame. You can buy it from the likes of Screwfix, Toolstation, etc. I normally lay the laminate starting from the door, so I can undercut the door frame and architrave.
The scotia beading can be fitted with either small 15/20mm panel pins or glued to the skirting board.
Hope it helps. :)

Sponsored Links
I would highly recommend using a gap around the perimeter edges to allow room for expansion. This is the case for all types of flooring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back