Laminate or vinyl?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've never had anything other than carpet but now wanting to be a part of the 21st century. This is for our lobby, hall and cloakroom. I cannot justify hardwood floors so it's laminate or vinyl for us. Laminate seems so hard and cold and I'm wondering if LVT will give a more cushioned, warmer underfoot feeling. Am I seeking the impossible or are there some types of vinyl that will give us the feel we ideally want? Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I have parquet in the downstairs, excluding kitchen and living room
My bedroom is cheap as chips laminate
My bathroom is reasonably expensive vinyl.

The laminate is possibly the coldest of the three? I don't have any heating in the house bar an oil fired radiator, I am made of strong stuff. Personally I would go for laminate if it wouldn't look weird?

My laminate looks ok and would be cheap to replace on a diy basis.
I cut the bathroom floor twice. I used a sharpie to trace the pattern from the old floor, only to discover it wasn't possible to remover the red line!

Not aware of costs or the size of your hall but engineered wood or antico style black and white flooring could look nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back