Laminate underlay - baffling array

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be laying a 10mm Kronos laminate onto perfectly dry Victorian quarry tiles on the ground floor of my hovel. Its a cold room that has a new radiator and, in time for Christmas, a log burner, so the room will be heated. What's the best type of laminate underlay to keep the warmth above the floor and the cold well and truly below it? I've recently come across something called Depron which bigs itself up quite nicely? Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I just use 5mm fibreboard, works great. But check how level the tiles are first, and make sure it doesn't need leveling.

QA products do a good selection I'd go with timbertech2 gold acoustic myself

dazlight: after much looking I must say I've gone with sonic gold 5mm over 5mm boarding due to the slight bumpiness of the substrate, and price/bulkiness. Already bought it. However, the description of what you suggest looks spot on, so I'll be using that when I redo the bathroom. Ta

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back