Laminating concrete floor with slight bump in one area!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never laid laminate before so will be on this forum looking up tips and hints..but before I even get to the laminate bit, can anyone recomend a good thick under lay that would minimise the effects of a raised area in my concrete floor.

The reason it is raised is because there use to be a bult in cupboard which was taken away to open the room up and the concreted area that held the corner wood post of the cupboard in place refused to budge. We got it dug out as best possible and used self levelling concrete but it still slightly out.

It is currently carpeted over with a wardrobe on top which wobbles a bit, little piece of wood underneath sorted that :cool: ..but I'm more concerned about the laminate getting damaged over time, like cracking or coming apart :(

I know probably self level concrete on the whole room is the answer but if I can get away with good thick underlay I'd rather go down that root...self levelling concrete over an entire floor with a 2 year old and a large dog doesnt appeal :LOL: I cant even mop a floor without them walking all over before it gets to dry :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back