Lamona built-under fridge & freezer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having some issues with installing the under-worktop fridge and (separate) freezer in my Howden's supplied kitchen.

The floor units are installed to the specs listed in their installation guide, i.e. foot length, worktop height, etc. I have adjusted the feet on the appliances so they are at their maximum and hence the tops are also at their maximum; Yet they are still a good 5cm below the worktop.

The plastic guard thingy is not going to fill the gap.

I could place the appliances on blocks, but I'm at a loss as to why they should be so low when everything else is to recommended dimensions, as per the documentation.

Also, I have doors with integrated handles (handle-less) and the correction sheet for attaching the frontal (door) is wrong.

The mounting brackets can't be placed in the usual location due to the integrated handle (the material is too thin), they have to be attached in different places. But once attached the revised locations don't match the tiny holes in the appliance door and even if they did, the frontal would be an inch or so too low.

I called them and they sent some revised instructions, but they were the same as the ones I already had.

It's going to be a case of seeing what works and ignoring the paperwork, but, if it's something I'm doing wroing, I'd like to understand what & why.

Oh, and the dishwasher fitted fine, albeit with feet adjusted to near maximum.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't fit them directly on the floor anyway because if you then tile in front and then they need to be removed in the future (remember they are really Beko !) then You'll struggle with the feet. I always recommend installing them on a piece of old worktop cut to the size of the base of the appliance.

Sponsored Links
I am having the same problem, how did you sort yours if you don't mind me asking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back