landing ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

were painting the hall, landing and stairs and have come across a problem with the landing ceiling.

The ceiling has been painted white and were painting the walls a beige/brown colour.

The problem is that the ceiling slopes down the wall, so there is no line to cut in.

We have the stair ladder, but it is still rather high to reach and so we are having to use an extension pole.

Does anyone have a tips or techniques as to how we can get a neat straight line so that the ceiling ends and the wall start.

Thanks in advance

Juliex

Sponsored Links
I presume you are using a roller on the extension pole and if so you might want to try something like THIS which might help with cutting in but it will still be tricky to achieve good results.
Ideally, you need to be within reaching distance to cut in a perfect edge.

thanks for the quick reply

its not so much as the extension pole which is the problem, its getting the straight line between the wall and the ceiling colour and with the ceiling slightly sloping onto the wall, there is no mark i can follow, its gonna have to be done freehand which we've had a go at and well lets not go there lol

looks like a job for the pro's

Juliex

Sponsored Links
thanks for the quick reply

its not so much as the extension pole which is the problem, its getting the straight line between the wall and the ceiling colour and with the ceiling slightly sloping onto the wall, there is no mark i can follow, its gonna have to be done freehand which we've had a go at and well lets not go there lol

Ah, I see. ;)

You could try stretching a piece of string taut and held in place with two pieces of masking tape (or two pins) to give you a straight line to work up to. The line would normally line up with the angle of the stairs so you could measure two points of the same height from the bottom and top stairs and stretch the string between them.
Don't try to stick masking tape along the entire length as it will either wander off line or peel the paint away when you remove it (or both! :cry: ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back