painting hall stair landing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi how much do you charge for painting a hall stairs and landing white ceiling. gloss 10 doors and frames and skirtings . emulsion walls ???
just starting off and wondering prices . a good 5 days work

Sponsored Links
Is it a quote or have you got the job? BA is right if it's a job, but in the current market just before Christmas you'll get undercut for sure if it's just a quote. What are you painting the doors with? What prep are you doing?

hi how much do you charge for painting a hall stairs and landing white ceiling. gloss 10 doors and frames and skirtings . emulsion walls ???
no prep needed just colour change. dulux trade gloss on all woodwork white same .

Sponsored Links
You didn't answer the other questions.

You will get someone like me come along and explain why oil gloss is history and quote for Aqua.

Are you a decorator? What is your previous history?

5 days sounds overly enthusiastic. I think you might end up under quoting.

You will still need to sand/key the woodwork before glossing.

I guess that the repaint is to de-yellow the existing gloss? If so you will need to use UC to obliterate the yellow tinge. so you are looking at 15/25 minutes per door times 10 (doors) times 2 (coats min) plus 10 mins sanding (min) per door...

Plus skirtings, architraves and so on.

Is it a quote or have you got the job? BA is right if it's a job, but in the current market just before Christmas you'll get undercut for sure if it's just a quote. What are you painting the doors with? What prep are you doing?

Are things really that bad at moment?

I am struggling to finish the jobs I have lined up (before Xmas). perhaps London is more "recession proof" at he moment. I have had to turn work down over the last couple of months, something I hate to do but I knew that I couldn't get them finished in time for Xmas, annoyingly, one was a 10mill flat for a property developer that i have never previously worked for. That one really hurt but hopefully she will appreciate that i am not a BS merchant and ask me to quote in the future.

Not for me because I do many different jobs, but I think things are slow for decorators generally.

Not for me because I do many different jobs, but I think things are slow for decorators generally.

Ok, I guess that Jan was my quietest in a long time but for the first time in ages I am already booked for the whole of this Jan/feb and over Xmas with only the 25th and 26th off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back