LANDIS & GYR RWB2 PROGRAMMER/TIMESWITCH MECHANICAL CLOCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have just moved into new house and found that the they have a L&G mechanical clock programmer.

I don't have a clue on how to operate this. The previous tenant has left with some setting and we are getting the water and heating accordingly.

I tried my best in the net to find some manual and could not find any. Reqyest you to help me as even the landlord has lost the manual.

For exact picture, please look at this link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2213...&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

Regards
Krish

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Look carefully at the white/orange rotary sliders, they may be numbered 1 2 3 4

1 is the first ON. 2 is the first OFF and should be set to the morning heating period. I think orange is on and white off.

3 is the second ON. 4 is the second OFF and should be set to the evening heating period.

Push them in to rotate them round to the times desired.

Set the wheel to the current time at the 'time' arrow - the ebay pic is about 7.30am.

The slider switches for heating and hot water
ON - on continuously
ONCE - on from slider 1 until slider 4, i.e. all day
TWICE - on from slider 1 until 2, then on again from slider 3 until 4, i.e. morning and evening.
OFF - off.

If you mis-identify the sliders as 3 4 1 2 then you will have heating on all night on the ONCE setting, not all day.

The small press and slide wiggles can be used to over-ride the timer, so if the heating is off during the day, and you slide the wiggle, the heating will come on, and remain on until the next OFF slider.

On systems of this vintage it is quite common for there to be an interlock between the heating and hot water sliders so you can have Water, Water+Heat, but NOT Heat Only. This is due to the way systems of this age were often plumbed.

Hi, please help, i have a L&g mechanical clock programmer, can this be upgraded without changing the backplate?
Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
thank you hope you can help

try copy and paste, if you can't do the link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back