Room thermostat CM927 for 24i Junior boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an older version of these boilers, which only have one temperature dial (combined heating and water - no seperate water control). It has no room thermostat but has a digital programmer like this one installed:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2808...1=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

I'd like to buy, and have an electrician fit, a CM927 like this one:

http://www.plumbarena.co.uk/product...gclid=CISDjfuvgMICFRMatAodb28AMw#.VGlAK3NFCv0

But I'm a little confused by a couple of things and would like to ask some questions please:

a) I have read that an optional diverter valve is required for some controls to work. Given that I have the digital programmer installed, does this mean I have the optional diverter already?

b) The CM927 has controls for hot water and heating, separately. My boiler doesn't - will this cause a comparability problem?

c) Would the CM927 replace, override, or work along with the digital programmer? They both have timer functions, for example.

If anyone could answer any of these questions I'd be very grateful - thanks!

g

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I am no expert (which won't stop me posting on here... ;) ) but I have just been trying to get more info. about my own WB 24i junior and I doknow that there are a lot of different older models - which one exactly is yours?[/b]

Hi,

I can check the documentation later on to see if that has an exact model number. In the meantime, here's are a couple of poor quality pictures, if that helps.

Thanks,

g

a) I have read that an optional diverter valve is required for some controls to work. Given that I have the digital programmer installed, does this mean I have the optional diverter already?
The Junior is a combi boiler, so it already has a diverter valve.

b) The CM927 has controls for hot water and heating, separately. My boiler doesn't - will this cause a comparability problem?
The CM927 only controls heating. But that is all you need as hot water does not need to be controlled because the Junior is a combi boiler.

c) Would the CM927 replace, override, or work along with the digital programmer? They both have timer functions, for example.
The digital programmer will have to be set to permanently on so the CM927 can take full control.

Sponsored Links
The Junior is a combi boiler, so it already has a diverter valve.

The CM927 only controls heating. But that is all you need as hot water does not need to be controlled because the Junior is a combi boiler.

The digital programmer will have to be set to permanently on so the CM927 can take full control.

Hi,

thanks for the post. The manual for the 24i Junior combi boiler mentions an optional diverter valve, that's why I mentioned it. Also, the later editions of this boiler have separate controls for heating system temperature, and hot tap water temperature.

Apart from that - what you say makes it sound like it will work just fine. So I think I'm going to go ahead and order it - thank you.

thanks,

g

The manual for the 24i Junior combi boiler mentions an optional diverter valve, that's why I mentioned it.
Which manual is that? Can you give the GC number of the boiler it applies to (usually on the front cover)?

As I said earlier, combi boilers already have diverter valves, so I can't see why an extra one is needed.

Yes it will work, but you should check with Salus and WB that the receiver will fit and plug in to your exact boiler model.

Hi,

worcester have replied to me that a wireless thermostat "..as long as the control provides a 230V switch live back to the boiler."

The two I have looked at are specified as being volt free - does this mean that it does not fit the description above, or have I misunderstood the terms?

Thanks again

g

worcester have replied to me that a wireless thermostat "..as long as the control provides a 230V switch live back to the boiler."

The two I have looked at are specified as being volt free - does this mean that it does not fit the description above, or have I misunderstood the terms?
Both stats can provide 230V back to the boiler, but they need to be wired to do this. This is easy.

Some stats are internally wired so they provide 230V; others can provide any voltage. These are called "volt free".

Great, thanks again. An electrician is going to fit it for me so should be a simple job for him then.

Thanks

G

I would get your plumber to do it if I were you. I don't like electricians touching any part of a heating system I've installed. They generally don't understand heating systems. At least that's my experience with them.

Thanks again guys. One last question please - there are many places online to buy these. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable online retailer for an item like this?

thanks,

g

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back