Connecting a CM927 thermostat to a WB Oil Heatslave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a Worcester Oil Heatslave 15/19 with the fascia mounted Worcester programmer. I would like to connect a Honeywell CM927 programmable thermostat but since it only controls CH I need to continue to use the fascia mounted controller for HW. Is there a simple way to do this and still connect the CM927 unit?

Many thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
Why do you need time control for a combi? It's an instant hot water heater, so will only come on when someone turns on hot tap!

Hi,

Correct - the Heatslave has a heatbank, the heating of which needs to be controlled for hot water.

Thanks for the info on where to connect the CM927. Can you confirm that that I wire the Relay box as shown in diagram 4a of the installation manual (Burner (direct control))?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
...ish.

You're referring to http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Full-Install/pdf/1069.pdf I guess.

The boiler should get a permanent L,N & E from the FCU (so that the DHW can run whenever it's set to) and a switched live from terminal B on the relay box to fire the CH.

The relay box gets its permanent L&N from the FCU too, giving you a single point of isolation.

(Caveat: I'm not a sparky)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back