Landlords tenants checks are

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a breach of human rights

Controversial rules under which landlords can face fines or imprisonment for failing to check wether tenants have a right to be in in the UK are unlawful

The judge (justice Martin spencer) found the scheme discrimitory . The judge ruled in favour of the joint council for the welfare of immigrants which claimed the scheme is causing landlords to commit race discrimination !

Kin right as well landlords are not here to police the state or deal with this sh*te that's the job of the state , government , plod , and any other bone ead agency

Home office are to lodge an appeal more tax payers money to be wasted on legal scheisters

Sponsored Links
I'll be glad when we pull out and the HRA don't apply any more. Then let's see these illegals try and use that one.

How the **** can a law that's designed to prevent illegals living here illegally be deemed illegal? o_O

I'll be glad when we pull out and the HRA don't apply any more.
I didn't realise that Brexit meant abolishing the High Court of England.
Rules aimed at preventing illegal immigrants from renting properties are "discriminatory" and breach human rights laws, the High Court has ruled.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47415383

The High Court of Justice in England is, together with the Court of Appeal and the Crown Court, one of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Court_of_Justice

I didn't realise that Brexit meant abolishing the High Court of England.
Rules aimed at preventing illegal immigrants from renting properties are "discriminatory" and breach human rights laws, the High Court has ruled.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47415383

The High Court of Justice in England is, together with the Court of Appeal and the Crown Court, one of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Court_of_Justice
It doesn't. It means not letting the ultimate Court of Appeal being in Strasbourg.

The poxy HRA was also supposed to be being repealed when we leave, but I don't know if May has negotiated that a way too.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't. It means not letting the ultimate Court of Appeal being in Strasbourg.

The poxy HRA was also supposed to be being repealed when we leave, but I don't know if May has negotiated that a way too.
Sorry, woody, but I think you are totally confused.
The CJEU (Court of Justice of the European Union) has had absolutely no influence in this case. That court is in Luxembourg. When we leave the the EU, we will no longer be under its jurisdiction.
The ECHR (which is nothing to do with EU) and we will remain a signatory to, after Brexit, is the court that deals with Human Rights. It says so in its title, The European Court of Human Rights. The ECHR is in Strasbourg. It is separate and distinct from the EU. When we leave the EU, we will still be under its jurisdiction.

Last edited:
Why should a landlord be responsible for carrying out all these legal checks ?

Why should a landlord be responsible for ensuring gas appliances are safe ? Because the government asked, same as checking eligibility to be in the UK, the government asked.

Maintenance of there own property is imho a different scenario to carrying out checks to see if some one in the UK is here legally that should be the responsibility of the government.

Why should a landlord be responsible for carrying out all these legal checks ?

Why not. When I had property I checked that I had someone I could trust living in my flats and house.

The more checks makes it harder for Illegals to go about their lives.

Maintenance of there own property is imho a different scenario to carrying out checks to see if some one in the UK is here legally that should be the responsibility of the government.

It is and should be the governments responsibly...

Its like the borders across the EU if Isis terrorists had to come through may border points then the chances are that may get caught on route.

It is and should be the governments responsibly...

Its like the borders across the EU if Isis terrorists had to come through may border points then the chances are that may get caught on route.
I think the majority, if not all, of terrorists (at least in the UK) are home grown, not immigrants.
Therefore, they may not have crossed any borders.

I think the majority, if not all, of terrorists (at least in the UK) are home grown, not immigrants.
Therefore, they may not have crossed any borders.

Maybe right. But returning terrorist need to be bought as well.

Old Matt Bianco Song Sneaking through the back door (with a grin)

Maybe right. But returning terrorist need to be bought as well.

Old Matt Bianco Song Sneaking through the back door (with a grin)
That was sneaking out.
And the back doors are used to avoid borders.

I'll be glad when we pull out and the HRA don't apply any more. Then let's see these illegals try and use that one.

How the **** can a law that's designed to prevent illegals living here illegally be deemed illegal? o_O

Lol. It's not the job of landlords to do the work of the Home Office. I am happy at this ruling.

The HRA benefits everyone, only fools who continue to vote against their own interests view it differently.

Sponsored Links
Back