Laptop mouse problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The keyboard on my laptop was acting up so I took it out to clean it and see if some of the keys that weren't working would start working again. They didn't and so I need a new keyboard. However, the mouse started acting mad. It was way over the top sensitive. Anything it touched it would open up even with out a click. It just went mad and almost impossible to use. I did a system restore to try to get back to normality but now the mouse appears on the screen but it won't move at all. It's a compaq NW8240 laptop. Any idea?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes, if you go into control panel then click on mouse, then click on buttons, you can change the buttons to do whatever you want

I always prefer to use a plug in USB mouse with my lappy. Sometimes even plug in a proper keyboard too. Much easier to use than the touchpads on laptops. I find a normal keyboard much easier to use as well. :)

Sponsored Links
You may have disturbed the touchpad connector going into the motherboard of the laptop while taking the keyboard out, try unplugging it and plugging it back in, it sometimes has a line on it to confirm if it is inserted fully, I also found giving the touchpad on laptops a wipe with some baby wipes or something similar has fixed erratic behavior as dirt can sometimes stop it reading correctly.

Was anything spilt on the laptop? It seems strange that your keyboard and mouse would suffer problems at the same time, the fact your mouse is not working at all now could indicate you need a new touch pad although if something was spilt on it it could have damaged the motherboard.

Back