Laquer paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a tenant move out and she was a cake maker. She had put a few burns on the worktops in various places .

Replacing the tops is not a option at moment.

I had some laquer spray which I sprayed the worktop with . This made the rings marks go. However when you look at the top from eye level or light bouncing on it. You can see I have not got it even in some places. I tried spraying a thinner coat from distance but its not got it 100%

I am am thinking if I get a tin of Liquid laquer and rolled a thin coat over if it will do the trick ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I got fed up with constantly having to re apply Danish oil to my worktops and found a 2K clear coat that is suitable for worktops.

I sprayed my worktops but I did additionally purchase the retarder that would have allowed me to use a roller/brush if I wanted to.

I am however confused. I do not understand how spraying a work top with clear lacquer hides black burn marks. Can you photograph the worktops? It will help others to advise you further.

For the record, if your worktops are real timber, they will, on balance of probability, been finished with something like Danish oil. Not ideal for a rental property though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back