Large area in 2 halves/join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be doing a few 14 m2 high artex ceilings next week and i'm looking for some clear detailed guides on how to do them in two halves, there is suprisingly little on the net about this, no youtube videos, no articles, just a few lacking mentions in forums.

I've heard of the scrim meathod and the stop bead method but still have questions about both.

I'd appriciate it if anyone could talk me through these,answer questions or share links if you have any.

Remember these are artex ceilings so will require a layer of bonding before skim.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What’s your proposed method?
There’s no magic formula, and loads of ways to do it, but the only bit that really matters is your ability to feather in the join on the 2nd half. Even if you do a cracking job of that, the join can always still be seen under certain light conditions.

I'm going to be doing a few 14 m2 high artex ceilings next week and i'm looking for some clear detailed guides on how to do them in two halves, there is suprisingly little on the net about this, no youtube videos, no articles, just a few lacking mentions in forums.

I've heard of the scrim meathod and the stop bead method but still have questions about both.

I'd appriciate it if anyone could talk me through these,answer questions or share links if you have any.

Remember these are artex ceilings so will require a layer of bonding before skim.

Thanks
Hi use the scrim method the stop bead method leaves unnatural edges scrim up half the ceiling and just skim to the scrim tape then flatten it in and let it firm up a bit then pull the scrim tape off trowel up then move on to the other half nothing to it really, if you look in my albums you will see a 100m2 ceiling I skimmed I cut it into 4 hits you will see the stages I done good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back