Large holes in internal wall from TV cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Previous owner had their TV wall mounted above the fire-place, with two holes and trunks for cables down to power and other appliances.

IMG_1584.JPG

It looks from the paint work as though sections of the wall were cut into to insert the trunking and then plastered back up.

IMG_1582.JPG

The holes are quite long, probably about 1m in length down to 50cm off the floor, and about 6-7cm in diameter.

IMG_1583.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

What do you recommend for filling and plastering these up. Will I need to remove the sections across the top of the fire place, fill the whole thing with a mortar mix and re-plaster?

Seems like a big job for just removing a TV!

Would it be a bad idea to just fill the ends and finish with filler? Of course, I might just stick a mirror or something over them anyway - there's no external entry/exit anywhere in these.

Thanks everyone,
Andy.

Sponsored Links
I would & have (as a diyer), filled the hole with paper & used Polyfilla, let it the first lot dry & put a finish on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back