Last 2 rads in the system are cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot seem to get 2 rads ( the furthest ones from the boiler) hot.... one does have a valve on it but the other doesnt.... any ideas anyone?

Secondly I have one radiator which does have thermostatic valve which I cannot cool down... ie it is always on... again.... any ideas???
Thanks

Sponsored Links
try shutting the locksheilds down on the nearest rads to the boiler abit.
they are probably nicking all the heat/flow.

trv if you shut it right down does it still get hot ? if so it sounds knackered.

I think your right about the TRV

I've tried closing down all the other rads and it doesnt make any difference... I also tried bleeding the last rad and eventually hot water comes through but it soon goes cold again???
Any other ideas
Thanks

if you have shut all but them last two rads and it still causes problems then their may be a restriction in the pipework not letting the full flow through
so when the other rads are open its not getting any flow.

try the pump on full speed.

Sponsored Links
sorry I'm a complete a novice at this how could I adjust the speed of the pump?

leave the pump then if its on a combi.
did they work then stop or always been a problem ?

They have never worked particularly well.... one is in a spare room so I hardly notice but the other one is in the kitchen so its a bit of a pain... I've turned all the rad off except the last 2 and its not working. the Pipes feeding them are not hot either???

i would be inclined to remove one at a time and give it a flush and open each valve into a bowl or connect a hose and see if they let water through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back