Last rad cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I drained and flushed my whole central heating system. The system had 3 drain valves which I drained and also drained all the rads.

All went well but the last rad won't heat up. All rads are bled and the drain valve below the last rad runs hot water, so it's going through the rad with the drain valve open but won't continue round the circuit with it shut.

On this last rad the exciting pipe runs up a sharp 90 degree bend on its return up into a flat roof. Presumably it's air locked in the upwards straight?

What can I do to sort this?
I have no TRV's fitted on this system BTW.

Sponsored Links
Balancing?

With all that draining I would have thought that you would have fitted some TRVs.

Tony

Balancing is fine. I even turned all the other manual valves off to just supply the cold rad and turned the pump up to full but no joy.

Sponsored Links
All sorted. I had to shut off the rad valves and bleed the pipes either side, then run a lot of water out of the drain valve below the radiator. Not really what I wanted to do having just filled the system with Ferox F3 cleaner :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back