Late night vibrating toilet

I still say it has nothing to do with the neighbour, Perhaps the boys will think of something after they tuck the kids in. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Clip pipes where possible, if a ball a fix is fitted turn the screw to one oclock to lower pressure to the ball valve, may fix problem.

Clip pipes where possible, if a ball a fix is fitted turn the screw to one oclock to lower pressure to the ball valve, may fix problem.

That wouldn't work :oops: , I can't understand why nobody has suggested a new washer in the float valve. Am I missing something.

That wouldn't work :oops: , I can't understand why nobody has suggested a new washer in the float valve. Am I missing something.

Yes :LOL: :LOL:

The OP is convinced the problem happens every time the neighbour flushes their loo at night, but not every night.

I suggested fitting an shock absorber vessel on the cold mains and trying it. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ah but doitall you may be reading too much into the original post, for instance the op said it happens for a while then stops for a while, maybe his neighbour works funny shifts.

I'm back, so here's some more.

We used to get the odd rumble up there when we turned any of our cold taps off suddenly. A plumber replaced a washer in the cistern and that problem went away.

It didn't stop the much more severe problem though. Most times the guy next door flushes his loo between 9pm and 7am we get massive hammering in our loft bathroom cistern. It comes and goes a little. Sometimes we go a few nights with no problem (unless he is constipated!). But then we have a few nights where its every night at 11.30. But it certainly ONLY happens when he uses his bathroom (nothing we do in our own house ever causes it).

So, the possible remedies seem to be:

1. Replace cistern valve with Torbeck type
2. Fit some kind of shock absorber/pressure restrictor above stop cock.
3. Ensure that pipework behind the cistern is properly fixed down

Is that right, or have I missed something else?

Any loose pipes under the floor, in the roof void, wherever needs clipping properly, the shock vessel may or may not solve the problem, but it is worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back