Latest BBC salary bands

Can you understand that the number of people who object to the license fee now (vastly) outnumber the number of people who don't?
25 MILLION paying it, at the last count. Been going up year on year.

A handful of disgruntled GB News/Daily Wail, RWR gammons and their ousted shítty Brexer government, does not account for 'most people', no.

Sponsored Links
25 MILLION paying it, at the last count. Been going up year on year.
...within an ever-rising number of households. The number of households NOT paying is also rising.

Don't equate paying with wanting to pay or thinking it's good value. Most think it's compulsory, and pay it only because they think they're threatened with state-sponsored violence (imprisonment) if they don't.

There are a number of people now getting the word out that it's not compulsory. I was surprised when I found out just how much stuff you can watch, on a TV, without a licence completely legally. I've been doing it for two years, I'm glad to save money and to be one of the awkward ones.

If it was run in a responsible way then I'd be happy to pay. But they waste vast amounts of money, overpay a select elite and tell people what to think (e.g. Brexit, Covid among others).

...within an ever-rising number of households. The number of households NOT paying is also rising.

The number of people not paying is indeed increasing but that could simply be a function of increasing financial hardship.

Most think it's compulsory, and pay it only because they think they're threatened with state-sponsored violence (imprisonment) if they don't.

State sponsored violence? The law is pretty clear, if your TV is capable of showing real time BBC broadcasts, you have to pay, like it or not.

tell people what to think (e.g. Brexit, Covid among others).

I can't recall the BBC telling people people to vote remain. Covid? Granted they didn't repeat the bonkers conspiracy theories that were doing the rounds on social media, but why do you see that as a bad thing?

This probably isn't the place for a non-sensationalist balanced debate, there are far too many silly arguments casually lobbed about.

The BBC news in the run-up to the Brexit referendum was terrible. I remember one presenter with a mic on a shopping street asking people their opinions. A nice smart chap said it was a very good idea to stay in for trade etc. Then a chip-eating moron said we should vote leave to keep the foreigners out. This wasn't an accident, the editing was intended to give an impression in the prescribed direction. Perhaps every remainer was smart and spoke nicely and every leaver was a scruffy moron, but I doubt it. This is the sort of not very subtle direction they take.

Covid was similar. Obviously, despite your clumsy attempts at strawman arguments, I'm not suggesting they should have pushed any conspiracy theories. But they did rubbish and silence lots of attempted debate, e.g. about whether the exact type of lockdown we had was a good idea, whether masks really achieved anything other than a misplaced sense of confidence. The sort of nuanced subtle debate that those of low intelligence (including many here) just can't handle, not rights or wrongs but the detail of how things are done.

The BBC is a state mouthpiece, which tells people what to think for the wellbeing of those in charge. It doesn't represent the people.

Despite your insinuation that there's something somehow immoral about anyone not paying the BBC against their will, it's optional. It's a subscription, and people are completely free to opt out if they choose to do so. The BBC deliberately choose to imply that it's compulsory despite it not being, but more people are working it out every year. It ceased to be a "TV Licence" years ago, it's just a membership fee and I and lots of others are choosing not to buy one.

Sponsored Links
Granted they didn't repeat the bonkers conspiracy theories that were doing the rounds on social media
There's the rub.
RWR fruitcakes are addicted to right wing bullshít. The BBC is bereft of such nonsense and a minority of morons want it shut down because of it. I think they like to call their daily dose of truthless garbage 'free speech', lol.

RWR fruitcakes are addicted to right wing bullshít. The BBC is bereft of such nonsense and a minority of morons want it shut down because of it. I think they like to call their daily dose of truthless garbage 'free speech', lol.
Your simplistic attempts at turning what could be an intelligent debate into some sort of panto are laughable.

You'd really like to think that everyone who doesn't agree with you is less intelligent than you are. Have you ever considered the possibility that this isn't the case?

The BBC is a state mouthpiece, which tells people what to think for the wellbeing of those in charge. It doesn't represent the people.

How do you explain the fact that they are often accused of bias by whichever government is in power?

State sponsored violence? The law is pretty clear, if your TV is capable of showing real time BBC broadcasts, you have to pay, like it or not.
Youve never received a letter off capita pursuing you to pay for a license then.
Must admit your devotion to the bbc is admirable.... Misplaced but none the less admirable.

This probably isn't the place for a non-sensationalist balanced debate, there are far too many silly arguments casually lobbed about

Also......
state-sponsored violence

tell people what to think

The BBC is a state mouthpiece

Your simplistic attempts at turning what could be an intelligent debate into some sort of panto are laughable

Irony.

"The BBC’s reputation as a ‘trusted’ broadcaster, and what distinguishes it from other publicly funded broadcasters around the world, is its independence from government and commercial influence. This is enshrined within its Royal Charter and is a core aspect of its mission and purpose."

Sponsored Links
Back