Lauin vinyl on new kitchen screed floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive just had a new kitchen extension and want to lay vinyl floor
The new floor is screeded and existing has been leveled to match up. Even though it has been done well and the joint feathered over there is a very slight discrepancy where they join. Its not really a visable thing but if you run you hand across you can feel it

The worry I have is that when vinyl is laid it will highlight and issues like this. Even if it not immediate over the years it will show.

My plan was to buy a soft grinding disc and very gently blend it in to get rid of any lip.

Can anyone advise me if this is a good plan and if not any alternatives. I dont want tiles or laminate

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where is the join - at any opening(s) or say in the middle of the field (the open floor space)?

Are both sides concrete slabs - or conc and wood?

Depending on how significant it is - it might be best to cut out the bump and 150mm either side of it and pour some more SLC?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back