Lawn Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently applied Evergreen to my lawn as it was looking a bit mossy in places. Its been about 2 weeks and it went black in patches, and now the grass is starting to grow but leaving these patches where it looks like just dead moss now.

Im wondering, what am i to do now? Do I get actual lawn seed and sprinkle it into the areas that are brown, or do I need to remove the dead moss first or do I leave it longer before doing anything else?

The Evergreen box says apply and leave for 5-6 weeks, but I dont know what result im meant to get after this time.

Any advice or suggestions welcomed :confused:

Sponsored Links
I feel your pain, i am about 3 weeks ahead of you.

Balck stuff is all the dead moss and crap. Remove all of this with tyne rake or similar. Then get your lawn mower and give it a god cut. Once down, apply grass seed as per instructions. Keep it wet, and dont walk on it/cut of for at least 5 weeks, if not longer!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back