Lawn Scarification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to scarify my lawn for the first time since moving in (3 years) as the lawn is looking tired. My intention is to hire an electric scarifier with 3 height settings. My queries are:
1. What height setting should I use for a lawn which has no major moss/weed problems but appears to have a lot of general 'debris' at the base of the grass growth.
2. Would I cause problems/damage to the lawn if I set the height to minimum(ie max depth of cut).
3. Is the lawn scarified in one pass of the machine (parallel cut) or 2 passes with the second perpendicular to the first (cross cut)?

VMT

Sponsored Links
One pass is fine.
A perpendicular pass will break up the lawn too much

Take care at the end of a run ..... stop the machine and place it i n position for the next run before starting.
If you try to turn around with the machine running you will churn up a load of lawn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back