Laying a simple Slab Path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to lay a path outside the back of my (new Extension) House. Now that the Builders are away, I need to lay a 'Chip border' next to the house and I intend on using some old 2x2 slabs I have for a simple path approx 10m long.

The Path will only be used occasionally, so am not expecting to concrete them in or anything. But would still like to do a decent job.

The ground at the moment is just compacted mud following the build. My intention was to dig down a few inches and lay sharp sand for the path and Gravel / Chips for the side of the house. As a complete novice, I am unsure if this would be suitable or whether I should be adding compacted gravel under the sand etc.

So would appreciate your advice.

(I have chosen not to get a pro in to do this as I am now skint from paying for the extension :) )

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just google pavingexpert and you'll find all you need (y)

Thanks Nige,

I discovered this site after posting the thread. Seems a great source of advice. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back