Laying a garden path over cinder base...advice please ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I wonder if somebody can give me some advice please ?

I want to lay a new path in the garden...the original path was a crazy-pave type path and upon lifting the slabs I found that the base it was laid upon is a cinder and brick mix of base with a bit of earth accumulated over the years.

Is it possible for me to lay straight over the old cinder/brick base with a mix of sand etc to lay some paving slabs ? ...it would certainly make things much easier if this is the "right" thing to do...all I am looking for is a path to walk up so I can hang out washing etc...it`s not a large garden at all,maybe 40ft by 17ft maximum and the path will be just half of the length.

Hope somebody can give some advice please.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
I think your idea is sound enough, assuming the crazy paving was well enough supported it should serve well...pinenot :)

Thanks for the advice...I have no idea how long ago the path was laid but it was at least 20 years ago and looked old when I first moved here...so I guess it is a solid enough base.

Cheers .... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back