Laying an insulated wooden floor on concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any advice on the above please.

We have a fairly large concrete slab and several box rooms off giving an area of about 10mtrs x 5mtrs.

The room is ground floor and we have built over, the cieling height having been raised at this time so ideal to raise the floor and insulate.

The project has gone over spend so needs to be done cheaply,(hence no under floor heating), but without cutting corners. The slab is very flat, on visqueen so dry.

So, I propose to add a futher layer of 1000 visqueen across the area and upstand to the walls, I" jablite around the edges (1 x 3), and the floor area covered in 2 " jablite. This will then be over boarded in P5 V313 chip.

The question is any issues with this?

And is any additional battening requred under the bording othe than at the only finishing edge?

Thanks for any help, although this job gets started today so sooner than later would be great.

Sponsored Links
just do what youve described and you'll be fine,no extra battens needed but i put the dpm over the insulation.glue the boards together with pva and leave a gap around the perimeter

just do what youve described and you'll be fine,no extra battens needed but i put the dpm over the insulation.glue the boards together with pva and leave a gap around the perimeter

Cheers mate, I forgot to add that the boards would be glued on all edges, the jablite upstands will take car of the edge gap.

I need to come clean, a builder on site suggested that intermediate battens would be a good idea? That doesn't figure with my reckoning, something that absorbs moisture under there can do no good,

Cheers and a hearty thanks for the reassurance, thanks left

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back