Laying artificial grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any suggestions as to how I should go about laying artificial grass on a 6X5 metre paved patio that has seen better days. By that I mean one small area about two square metres has subsided dropping 50mm at the lowest point and there's several slabs that dip leaving a 5mm difference in levels. Another problem is grass coming up between the joints obviously because there is no poly membrane. Once upon a time I wouldn't have thought twice about relaying the whole lot and starting from scratch but I'm getting a bit too long in the tooth for that now. I'm hoping someone on here can come up with a quick fix idea such as throwing down a thickish underlay which would act as a weed barrier as well as a cushioned base. Yes?

Sponsored Links
Rip the whole lot up put in 2" kerb sets to make a border. Weed barrier.. Then fill up with compacted type 1 say 6 tons. Then 2 tons of sharp sand floated out and screeded flat. Then roll out your grass sticking the edges onto the kerb sets.
2 skips. Minidigger 2 men 1k for artificial grass. Say week and half to do. Cost about 4k. Been down about 4 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back