laying pipe work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to lay new pipe work from my new boiler outside my house.
With regards the 22mm feed to and from and to the boiler, I am lagging it with 28mm insulation before laying it under ground.

Question 1 is: How deep into the ground should i lay it.

Secondly I am digging up my concrete floor where the 22mm pipe will be entering and leaving the house to the boiler.

Question 2 is: How deep should I dig up the concrete to lay this pipe.

Thirdly I am installing a new radiator which will be fed of this 22mm feed to and from the boiler. I am assuming that because this pipe will be inside the house that it does not need insulated. Is this a wise assumption.

Question 3: How deep under the concrete floor should i lay the 15mm feed to the new radiator.

thanks any one that can help.

Sponsored Links
I think you may be on the wrong forum - should you not be under plumbing?

Back to the question though, not sure of the depth but I would ensure that you use 'wrapped' pipe such as Kuterlex copper. Failing that, feed the 22mm through 28mm pipe or waste pipe. I believe that concrete is fairly aggressive when in direct contact with copper.

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back