laying porcelain tiles on my kitchen floor??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive gutted my kitchen to make way for a new more modern one.
Upon removing my floor tiles I removed the old adhesive, undeneath there is concrete which is not in too bad a state but in some parts has a few holes.

I heard about self leveling compoung mixes and have bought unibond to even out the floor and I have researched a bit to know how to apply this.

The tiles I have bought are porcelain so I know I ned to make sure the adhesive is for this type of tile, but having never laid floor tiles before I want to be 100 percent sure that once the tiles are finished that they will not become loose or uneven after time.

I have not started work on the floor yet as im wating for the plasters to finish the wall, My question is how to prepare my floor and lay the tiles so that I end up with a perfect result, I have googled a few sites and forums and there is a bit of contradiction and confusion as to how I can acheive this?! Please help!

Sponsored Links
fill holes with ardex A45(mortar repair)..
prime floor with an acrylic primer..across the room then when dry up the room..
use a bagged addy that is suitable for porkies(will say on the bag)..or ask at the tile shop..
how big are your tiles..if 600mmx..xmm check for bowing in them(depends were you buy them?)
p.s ..
uniBOMB is crap!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back