Laying Slabs & Chips up to a wooden garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning the landscaping of my garden at the moment.
Just now it is a mixture of old slabs and concrete.

I have a wooden garage at the bottom of the garden with a concrete path running alongside. This path leads to a wall bizzarely and a bit of it is at the sunny corner of the garden, I want to reclaim this corner of the garden as a seated bit.

The path sits around 4" lower than the slabbed area beside it. My plan is to build this up using old slabs (& sand) then edge off an area and put some nice slabs down surrounded by some nice chips.

The problem is I don't know the best way to finish these old slabs when they hit the wooden garage. would leaving a 3 or 4" trench filled with stones between slabs and wood be enough to stop the Wooden garage getting soaked and rotting?

I've done a high tech. fag packet drawing to try and better explain. The area in red is the bit I want to build up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back