Laying vinyl flooring (eg Amtico)on laminate floor??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am tempted to use an existing well layed laminate floor as a base for laying a vinyl plank floor covering......any words of ecouragement or dire warnings would be gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
It's a big no mate, as laminates expand an shrink with heat so it will gap the planks laid on it over time.
Saying that I did it in my daughters bedroom that way because the laminate was under all the fitted wardrobes. And I was being lazy.
So I used feather finish screed, then lightly rubbed down and then laid Karndean van gogh. It's been down 4 years an had only gapped about 3mm on the skirting. The middle is fine.
But I wouldnt do a customers job like that just incase.

Sponsored Links
its a very fine water mix screed for going over plywood and old adhesive. I use it for covering screw heads and joints in plywood. I used it on the laminate so the karndean would stick better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back