Lead Dormer Cheek Construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building up the framework for a dormer shortly and could do with some input into how the structure is usually built up for a lead covering for the face and cheeks. I have a target width to build to, so I can't just build the frame and let my roofer sort out the details, I need to take account of the thickness of everything that'll be outside the superstructure.

My plan was to build the wooden frame, cover it on the outside with ply, then leave it to the roofer to sort from there, but having a bit of a read it appears that the lead goes on the ply, but the ply then needs a 50mm ventilation gap to the frame, in which case my frame needs to be smaller and have 50x50 vertical battens adding.

Does that sound correct?

With the ventilation gap, am I then aiming for the ventilation path as follows; in through the eaves on the main roof pitch, up the ventialation gap, over the dormer warm roof and out the ridge vent?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back