Lead finishing on dormer window

Yep they are statong £1500 I have to pay. But I need to contact them again NHBC are a fraud!!!!

Sponsored Links
Yep they are statong £1500 I have to pay. But I need to contact them again NHBC are a fraud!!!!
Well fraud maybe slightly strong a word :LOL: and it is fairly easy to find out what is and isn't covered in their warranties and what the excesses are prior to the purchase of a property.

They don't actually state the excess on prior to purchasing the property all the builder states is that it is cover by them. I didn't find this had an excess till recently. Is this excess for everything?

NHBC warranty info is all available at request or on their website eg http://www.nhbc.co.uk/NHBCPublicati...markPolicyDocuments/filedownload,38421,en.pdf note that as the documents are periodically revised only the latest versions of their documents are available online, the one linked to above for example is for new builds from 2009 onwards and mentions excesses of £1000 for certain items on page 14 amongst others, this is why you need to dig out the paperwork and see what it says in your specific T&C. Undoubtedly Developers should probably point out the excesses you will be liable for should you ever need to make a claim, especially as it is the homeowner who ultimately pays for the warranty but then its no different to cars or electrical items or any other item warranties, they're all full of holes and get-out clauses.

Sponsored Links
Do NHBC normally find you a builder or do I have to arrange one would it be wise to go through my normal house insurance or just get a few quotes first?? I have no idea how this works

As for pursuing it through NHBC I suspect it will tell you the correct direction to pursue within your T&C! Frankly if it is just a leak it is likely to cost less than your excess anyway. As for pursuing it through your buildings insurance you'll have to contact them and see whats covered, it may depend if it is a leak caused by a building defect or a just a leak and some policies will cover the damage caused by a leak and some will not etc etc. Your buildings insurance policy will probably have an excess too BTW. Its all in the small print. You'll have to get on the dog n bone and find out.

Another New( not so new now) Build :rolleyes: And some wonder why I have a go about "roofers" doing leadwork:cool: instead of plumbers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back