Lead work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Wonder if someone can help

I have a double pitched roof meeting in the middle of which i have to build a lead valley.

The question i have is what upstand do i need to have going up onto the rafters.

Also the angles of each pitch is 25 degrees, which makes the valley really wide as it meets on a rsj, i have to allow for insulation plus 50mm ventilation over the beam.The valley is ending up being about a metre wide. I dont think there is but is there any way of making the valley narrower......

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Look at this, it should help, also look at section titled Parapet and Tapered Gutters

Cheers roofer,i will check that out where in essex are you based ?

Since thats such a wide section of lead...have you looked at "gutterline"?
Its a rubberised plygene type of plastic gutter that can be made to any length and any profile you wish...i recently used some and found it excellent...no joints....google it if you are already not familiar with it...lot cheaper than lead too.

Sponsored Links
Roofer are you one of a big firm or one man band. As i could do with a roofer to call on for days here and there. Certain aspects me and my partner do but some of the tricky stuff is best left to the guys in the know, also we sometimes just need to move the project along a bit. Give me a shout if interested at all.

Steve

I'm a contracts manager for a big firm but I also do bits and pieces 'on the side'

If you're interested give me your email address

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back